Fix Groove Music app error 0xc00d4e86 in Windows 11/10
In this article, we will show you how to fix the Groove Music app error code 0xc00d4e86 which may appear when you try to play a music file on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 PC.
Fix Groove Music app error 0xc00d4e86 in Windows 11
If you are seeing Groove Music app error code 0xc00d4e86 on your Windows 11/10 PC, use the following solutions to fix the problem. Be sure to go through our solutions in the order listed.
- Allow audio in sound properties settings
- Restart Groove and your computer
- Use Windows Application Troubleshooter
- Repair or reset the Groove app
- Use another app
1]Allow audio in sound properties settings
If you are seeing Groove Music app error code 0xc00d4e86 on your Windows 11/10 PC, the first thing you need to do is:
- Open Windows Settings
- Under System Settings, click Sound in the right side
- Then under General > Audio, if you see Allow, you need to click on it and change it to Disallow.
- Now try playing the music file on Groove Music again and see.
It should work !
2]Restart Groove and your computer
Restart Groove and try to play this track. If that doesn’t help, restart your computer. Restarting your system may close any applications that may be interfering with Groove.
3]Use the Windows app troubleshooter
If the problem persists, it’s time to deploy Windows App Troubleshooter. It is an inbuilt program that can help you repair Groove application. You can use it in Windows 11/10.
To run Windows App Troubleshooter in Windows 11, follow the given steps.
- Open Settings.
- Go to System > Troubleshooter.
- Click on Other convenience stores.
- Finally, click Course placed next to the Windows Store apps.
To run Windows App Troubleshooter in Windows 10, follow the given steps.
- Open Settings.
- Go to Update & Security > Troubleshooting.
- Click on the Additional convenience stores.
- To select Windows Store apps and click Run the troubleshooter.
Let them run and fix the problem for you.
4]Repair or reset the Groove app
Repairing an app has the power to fix most issues. You need to see if he can do the same in this case. You can use the following steps to reset Groove App in Windows 11/10.
- Open Settings.
- Click on Apps > Apps and features.
- Find the Groove app
- For Windows 10: Select the app and click Advanced options.
- For Windows 11: Click on the three vertical dots and click Advanced options.
- Finally, click Repair.
- If that doesn’t help, select Reset.
If that doesn’t help, reinstall Groove App. You can easily uninstall the app from Windows Settings and then install its fresh copy.
5]Use another app
Sometimes the track you are trying to play may be corrupted. To check if this is the problem we are facing, you need to use another music player and see if it can play the track.
There are various free software that can play your song. Spotify is one of the most popular options if you want to listen to a track online, but you also have veterans such as VLC Media, even the built-in Windows Media Player is good enough to play any track you want.
Related: Error 0xc00d11d1 (0xc00d4e86) when playing native Windows Music apps.
Why does Groove Music keep crashing?
Groove Music may crash due to various reasons such as corrupt application or cache, incorrect time and date, etc. Either way, you can easily fix it by checking our guide to fix Groove Music sudden crashes on Windows computers. So, try these solutions, try the solutions given above and you will be able to fix the problem in no time.
Related: Error 0xc00d11d1 (0x8007007e) when playing music in Groove Music app.
I hope this helps you.